AFJAC works to ensure that Americans understand the importance of the court system and their own power to stand up for their rights. We will be releasing reports, taking positions in blog posts, and pursuing initiatives to educate and activate Americans regarding the courts throughout the coming year.
The Alliance for Justice Action Campaign (AFJAC) is a resource and advocate for the 501(c)(4) community. If nonprofits’ rights as advocates are threatened, we will respond. If regulators try to burden 501(c)(4)s with regulations that will negatively impact their work, we will help develop alternative proposals and advocate for reasonable solutions.
Gavel Grab is back!
The Alliance for Justice Action Campaign is excited to announce its hosting of Gavel Grab, a lively go-to blog featuring the nation’s top fair courts and access-to-justice news stories of the day, plus breaking news bulletins. Gavel Grab also provides an easy-to-search archive of nearly a decade of fair courts news.
Whether you’re a new reader or a longtime friend, we hope you’ll enjoy and share Gavel Grab. We promote a national conversation about the importance of our courts with a goal of advancing core constitutional values, preserving human rights, securing unfettered access to the judicial system, and guaranteeing the even-handed administration of justice for all Americans. We’re glad to sponsor Gavel Grab to further our mission. The blog previously was a project of the Justice at Stake Campaign.
AFJAC IN THE NEWS
- NPR (9/23/2016): Donald Trump Unveils New, More Diverse, Supreme Court Short List
- USA Today (9/14/2016): Obama’s judges help to set election rules for November
- The Huffington Post (8/17/2016): No Time For Trump: Transforming Our Corporate Supreme Court
- The Daily Beast (7/27/2016): Could Republicans’ Supreme Court Obstructionism Cost them the Senate?
- The Guardian (6/7/2016): Trump thinks Muslim judges would be biased against him – but there are none
- Metro Weekly (5/26/16): Trump’s Supreme Court list is pandering to conservative Republicans